07 August, 2006

I'm A Lion


WHAT HAPPENED TO PAGE FRANCE'S Hello Dear Wind? All records of it seem to have been erased, and I'm panicking because a huge mistake has lost my emusic mp3s of the album (iPods and hard resets: damn it all). And I need that album now, when I feel like I'm searching and silly and small, because it's all those things too, and when I listen to it I feel like I've got something behind me.

As a substitute of sorts, I've acquired the band's previous album, Come, I'm a Lion, in hopes that it will have a similarly warming effect. I haven't gotten to know it like HDW yet, but it's obvious that the best parts are all present here. Page France channel wonder, an absolute and honest wide-eyed love for everything, through a soft and generously diffusive lens, the results comprise a grace which fascinates me endlessly. Most special to me is the theme of affinity running throughout the album, "You were made out of my ribs/ We share a heart we share a heart we share a heart..." sings Michael Nau on "Ribs," while elsewhere on the fantastic "Air Pollution" there is celebration as "everyone can share what's left/ We can share a breath/ We can share the air pollution." I reveled in HDW's jubilation and self-assuredness, the roots of which are clearly discerned on Come...


Visit Page France online, and buy the fantastic Come, I'm a Lion on Fall Records here.

UPDATE: Hello, Dear Wind will be re-released on Suicide Squeeze on September 12. Thank goodness.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

im pretty sure you can redownload things you DL on emusic at no charge.

-heather

07 August, 2006 12:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good idea Heather, but I closed my acct (it was the 50 free trial thing). I guess asking the label what happened would be the smart thing to do.

07 August, 2006 18:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, if you need the tracks from hello dear wind like whoa... a friend [or an e-stalker like me] could upload them all for you.

08 August, 2006 16:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home