15 July, 2006

Yelling at the Kids


I don't know if there's anything I love more than a well-placed, frenzied yelp. The kind that's worked up to, speeds your breathing, stands hairs on end. Cursive's new single, "Dorothy at Forty," serves as a brilliant example of this: "And I know we swore we'd make more of ourselves/ eeeeaaaaEEEEEEEAAAAWWAAAAAAAA," screams Tim Kasher midway through the song amidst rising horns (better than cello!) and pounding drums. Even if this wasn't a solid song (it is), I'd probably listen on repeat just to smile big every time the yell comes, like I did before with Rilo Kiley's "Jenny, You're Barely Alive," which has perhaps the quintessential yelp.


Visit Cursive online, and pre-order Happy Hollow here.

***

I saw Tom Brosseau last night, and I can tell you he is probably the nicest man in the world. Genuinely gracious, with a voice and seriously fantastic songs to boot. Look for some Tommy B. around here soon. OH PLUS apparently he's friends with Tino. Word!

Please let me know if you're having trouble seeing the site. I made a new header, and it seems to work fine on this computer, though that really doesn't mean much. Also, let me know if you like said header. Thanks.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i liked the old one better

15 July, 2006 21:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this new one is cool man i was sick of the old one

16 July, 2006 09:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the new one looks like it was drawn by a 12-year old girl bored during english class

16 July, 2006 12:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the new header.

18 July, 2006 10:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home