14 July, 2006

Sample Diamonds


Sufjan's Greetings from Michigan... album art is among my very favorite, and that's why I decided to drop the cash on the vinyl version (...along with Illinois, and Seven Swans). To my delight, the good folks at Asthmatic Kitty sent along a little CD, Achoo! An Asthmatic Kitty Sampler. It's got a track from each of the label's releases: four by Suf, five (!) by the charming Half-Handed Cloud, and one each from newcomers Shapes and Sizes and My Brightest Diamond. Surprisingly, it's the latter which has me all astir: secret-agent cool without the kitsch, confident and sexy. Best of all? There's a point, two minutes in, where the tension comes to a head in a single shrilling, thrilling note. Give it a go, get excited - this is the new sound.


Visit My Brightest Diamond online, and buy the album Bring Me The Workhorse on August 22.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home