06 July, 2006

Apples + Battles




Now, I'm not usually one for the gratuitous mp3-only posts, but I'm letting myself slide this time. The reason: I got a new computer (thank you ScholarShare!), which, much to my delight, came with an iPod nano. Even better is that I can finally connect my hard drive and access all the music I've been missing. Gems I had figured lost, like these:


How about that!

***

I've been listening to the Foundry Field Recordings' Prompts/Miscues an awful lot lately. This song's absolutely country, yet it isn't at all. Clear, sad, rolling - it's lonesome and it's defeated some. And listen harder - quiet as he's singing, he couldn't be more resolute. I guess that's what this song voices, a truth that scares me to imagine its origins: slipping, last lines, history and battle brigades.

The Foundry Field Recordings - Battle Brigades Part II [mp3]

Visit the Foundry Field Recordings online, and buy the sublime Prompts/Miscues here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gib bell the nano

07 July, 2006 10:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey chinga, liked 2kay6, hope davis is treating you well. and you should give me the nano.
-Colin

07 July, 2006 11:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got the NFG dvd entitled "the story so far" today. the cover design is simple fabulous. pop corn. red and white. it is only a tease of what is in store for the person who holds this gem in their soft sweaty hands, eager to plop it in to the dvd tray and press play.
fabulous.
amazing.
splendid.
indie.
intelligent.
college.
black framed glasses.
tight pants.
pop.
But they are much much more fabulous than all of this!

07 July, 2006 16:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, um, guys, the iPod nano is mine.

Hey nacho cheezits that DVD sounds like me! I'll checkitout thx

07 July, 2006 16:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home