13 January, 2006

show: Camera Obscura


This was a happy accident. Going out for a drink tonight, we found out Camera Obscura were playing at our student union. We walked in without paying (rebel rebel!) before they came on and caught four or five songs, but then karma came quickly and my headache began to kill, and we left. I had never really heard the band before, and was pleasantly surprised, their songs sound much better live than on record (they're a bit too fey for my taste). My flatmate with the pictures on his camera is still out, so I guess I have no proof that this ever happened. Take it on trust.

From Underachievers Please Try Harder (buy):

Camera Obscura - Suspended From Class This song was great live, the clever chorus was even more powerful and the entire thing sounded wonderfully urgent.

From Biggest Bluest Hi-Fi (buy):

Camera Obscura - Anti-Western Boy/girl vocals are always lovely. They played this one as well.

I wish my head didn't throb.

Enjoy!

P.S. Hooray for Edinburgh's bloggers! Welcome Cross Processed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home