03 January, 2006

The 'Tide You Over' Mix, or, Don't Miss Me Too Much


I'm going on a highlands adventure tomorrow morning, and I'll be back Sunday. You have my word that I will find that monster, and kill it.

Until then, here's a mix of songs I find very in the now, or, you know, whatever:

01. The Clientele - My Own Face Inside The Trees (buy)

I've had this Clientele song for a month or two, and am ashamed to admit that it took me this long to realize that IT IS PERFECT.

02. Get Him Eat Him - Exposure (buy)

You may know Matt LeMay from the Pitchfork staff. That's not why I care about his band, Get Him Eat Him. I care because of Get Sammiches Eat Sammiches.

03. Beerjacket - These Planes Won't Fly (buy)

I'm excited to present Beerjacket to you. Look for a proper post once I get back! This song is wonderful.

04. Jose Gonzales - Heartbeats (Knife cover) (buy)

Jose is coming to Edinburgh next month and I am, like, so there!

05. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Details of the War (buy)

CYHYSYHSADFDFS is coming to Edinburgh next month, a day after Jose, and I am Oh My God so there!

06. Voxtrot - The Start of Something (buy)

I am happy to say that I love this Voxtrot song after being a little disappointed with the other two I've heard. You see? I'm hip too.

Well that's a short mix.


I'm off to watch some of this. It is the funniest thing I've seen in a long, long time. Go sign a useless pledge to keep the show "in our lives" (reruns) on the show's Fox website.

Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

I love that Voxtrot song.

03 January, 2006 14:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thank u very much for linking to my blog, sorry for not writing back this is my first time here, I'm linking back as well, good blog, keep up the good work.

03 January, 2006 15:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to love Arrested Development. I don't know why it's so unpopular.

Oh, and I'm going to link here too.

06 January, 2006 23:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home