17 January, 2006

new: Pretty Girls Make Graves


How did this slip under my radar? I love Pretty Girls! They've got the follow up to The New Romance coming out, titled Elan Vital. Except with an accent over the "E" (don't know how to do that). PGMG is a band of amazingly proficient musicians, but perhaps more impressive than their technical wizardry is their ability to make it so listenable. These aren't self-indulgent virtuosos, they know how to wield their skills to make songs urgent, catchy, and interesting.

From Elan Vital:

Pretty Girls Make Graves - The Nocturnal House

And one of my favorites, from The New Romance (buy):

Pretty Girls Make Graves - All Medicated Geniuses

I have to thank Goose for hooking me up. If you haven't, check out the resurrected Veritas Lux Mea, which puts this site to shame. I know, I know, where are the hot girl pictures here? I'm sorry.

Enjoy.


UPDATE:
éééééééé

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you're too kind, and hey, anytime

17 January, 2006 21:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home