28 May, 2006

Grave Digger

Monster trucks are, in my opinion, a big piece of American history. This great American pass time started one clear night in 1981 when Bob Chandler and his “Bigfoot” roared as it smashed a line of cars for hundreds of curious onlookers. It did not take very long before others started to build monster trucks of their own, and one of those just so happened to be Grave Digger, a masterpiece creation by Dennis Anderson , in his hometown Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina.



Gravedigger backstage.

Since Anderson there have been six other drivers of this beast ! Grave Digger has always been a family favorite. Gravedigger was completely different than all other monster trucks, with its unique body shape and awesome paint job. This was and is a serious monster truck! I remember when I was younger going to see Grave Digger with my dad, I had the honor of climbing up one of the huge tires. I was on top of the world that day, literally, my world was monster trucks and those tires were the instruments for doing one of my most favorite things, smashing stuff! Without further a due, here is a video of Grave Digger smashing a bus, repeatedly! (as for your musical selection this morning, notice George Thorogood's 1982 classic, "Bad to the Bone" playing in the background of the video, sorry, can't put this one on itunes!)



p.s. I know I said that I do not do weekends, but I had some downtime and decided, what the heck? Plus there was no update Friday, I started the party a little early this weekend. Had to, work was busy.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Very Extremely Truth said...

Hi Tino,
I don't know who you are, but I know a few things...

Firstly, I am Brian's greatest love. I am a fellow Santa Barbarian and Brian and I share deep kisses every odd thursday of the month.

Secondly, I miss Brian because he is gone, BUT, I couldn't be happier for the coup d'etat you have exerted over his "music blog". Brian started with his for fun blog long ago and even inspired me to create my flash in the pan project on ranting hilarity, TheVeryExtremelyTruth, which was even linked by the great Brian himself in a few blog posts. Naturally, when he began writing Bows+Arrows, I felt compelled to be a devout reader. I got bored on Day 3. I check Brian's regular blog every single day, usually to my disappointment at no new post, but on this lucky day, I happened to see if he was at least keeping Bows+Arrows alive, and I thank you for the experience I found.

I do have one request, however. I still think you're focusing too much on the music. Keep the funny coming.

Brian, if you read this...I am further disappointed that I wasn't considered for the prestigious bloggysitting post, but we'll talk when you get back. Unless it's an odd Thursday, because deep kissing makes it very hard to converse.

28 May, 2006 13:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bunk

28 May, 2006 14:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home