16 May, 2006

Constants

I finished my exams today, meaning I'm through with my academic year abroad, but I have yet to feel the sweet release. Instead I came home to botched travel plans and strained friendships - hardly how I want to leave things. And also, it's raining. I'm stressed beyond stressed, tanked and tired. This is when music becomes essential (that sounds so stupid) and also when it becomes most difficult. I want to hear somebody as honestly upset as I am, upset at everyone and no-one, singing through a clenched jaw toward nothing real, letting their anger dissipate into empty space. I'll give you a little mix before I get too emo-tional here.

1. The Constantines - Insectivora [mp3]

I'm learning to survive/ On earthworms and houseflies

This song does not sound settled. It sounds determined and a little scary.


Bryan Webb almost sounds like he's gonna crack here. C'mon - let's relate.

Fin. Hey, what do you know? That's all. These guys rule - buy this album.

***

Check out Goodhodgkins' Visceral Moments post. I, for one, am all about visceral moments.

Apologies for this post. Also, I am busy moving out and moving on and there won't be many updates from me until June. Beg Dan and Tino, though, because they might be down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home