10 May, 2006

Study Aids!




I know, you're sick of learning. I'm sick of learning, and studying, and testing. It keeps us from doing anything we'd like to, consumes days whole and leaves naught to be remembered except jumbled pneumonic devices and tenuous mental notes and oh why didn't we go outside, it was such a nice day! The only thing we're capable of doing whilst studying? Listening to music. But not any music, certainly Blood Brothers didn't aid the revision process for my last exam. It can't be too happy, for we'll long to be seemingly anywhere else, and it can't be too sad, for that sets off a positive feedback loop of depression and irritability. No, it must be either usefully stimulating or entirely out-of-the-way, the former being rare and the latter being, well, boring.

It's with great pleasure, then, that I introduce to you Science Groove, who I was just introduced to via another science zealot (thx!). I am only half-joking. Two albums of inspired math-rock, in an entirely non-Don Caballero sense. Think We Are Scientists, only they are scientists. This is it, fellow power tools (that's a synonym for scholar). Enjoy.

From Muscles & Magnets

Science Groove - The Nucleus I Like Best [mp3]

Don't let the wistful intro fool you, Science Groove gets dirty a minute in: cheesy-keys-y, clapping hands, singing along, "Got my mind on my muscle and my muscle on my mind ... We talkin' ATP, yeah you know me." ATP is adenosine triphosphate.


It's big ballad time back at the lab, Science Groove ruminating on the Hg in Freddy Mercury. Dig the "NOT SUFFICIENT" chant, gives Sufjan's computer band a run for its money.


Edgy stuff here, is that mockery in "Sense And Context"?

Grab both albums, free and legal, at Science Groove's website.

Good luck on your exams, kids. You'll thank me for this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a 45 year old, Grown ass man.

10 May, 2006 20:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home