08 April, 2006

Gran Touristo



I'm back from some serious vacation, back in front of my failing computer sieving through mail and messages and the approximately 1,000,000 blog updates I've missed. I'm harried. Since I couldn't make it through it all, and I don't really care anyhow, I checked in on my very very favorites.

The Rich Girls are Weeping and Said the Gramophone and the Catbirdseat (there they are) have showed me new Final Fantasy. Please listen to the new songs (maybe I can get by without mentioning the album's name) and love them, immediately, as I have done.

Stolen from StG, "Song Song Song" is my early pick of the three I've heard. It's percussive (I think Liars!) and restless - Owen Pallett a (supremely talented) child singing and singing a song about everything.


Visit Final Fantasy's website (but not now, it's broke). And buy Has A Good Home.

Catbird Records' fifth release will be an album by Tap Tap. Hey - they aren't Swedish! Or are they? Don't matter when I like a song this much.


And those Rich Girls - they have my heart. Two (!) Wrens covers that I didn't have, a track from the Mountain Goats' EP I'll apparently never have, and a rare Yeah Yeah Yeahs song. Yes, they have my heart.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home