23 March, 2006

The Story Of Them, featuring Van Morrison



The venerable Moistworks posted some classic video moments, a total why-didn't-I-think-of-that-first idea. I mean, what can't you find on YouTube? They gave us some Otis, some Who, some Velvets (as well as some Ali G.). I did some of my own sifting and came up with a favorite: Them featuring Van Morrison, playing an NME stage and a Ready Steady Go! television set. Van Morrison, simply put, is transcendent. His early work here with the group Them is top-notch as well, running through standards like "Baby Please Don't Go."



I reccommend purchasing The Story of Them Featuring Van Morrison, the excellent two-disc set these tracks were lifted from.



***

That new Walkmen track is blues, man! Do you hear him howl, "I got my hands full" like his hands are full?

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home