28 November, 2007

Up for Sunrise

The Catbirdseat has compiled an interesting little list, naming five albums we didn't hear in 2007. Among these is Dolorean's You Can't Win, which reminded me of a Dolorean song I enjoyed from a sampler/comp called Outta Sight! and had since forgotten. "Morning Watch" recalls Damien Jurado (who, interestingly, soundtracks a wonderful short film featured on Dolorean's website) in its weightiness and worn melody.


I'll post the film here too, since it really is good. As Mr. Dolorean says: simple and emotional. Plus, you can hear Jurado's "I Had No Intentions".



buy You Can't Win from Yep Rock.

2 Comments:

Blogger K-Murph said...

Glad to see regular posts again! That Dolorean record is really good, especially the track "Beachcomber Blues."

30 November, 2007 13:42  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sometimes I find this indie stuff a little boring rhythmically. I was just looking for something with a little more rhythm. Check out what I found! woozyfly. com/jacivelasquez

24 March, 2008 18:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home