21 September, 2007

Our Age

There have been a few interesting pieces on LCD Soundsystem's "All My Friends", surely one of the year's best songs, but Mark Richardson's Resonant Frequency plays a slightly different angle. It examines John Cale's version, found on the All My Friends single, as a mature and telling counterpoint to most of today's new music. Looks like I hadn't given Cale enough credit, as listening to the song now I am much more affected.


buy All My Friends-- also featuring Franz Ferdinand's rendition-- here.

***

Clear Tigers came yesterday from Catbird! Terrific!

2 Comments:

Blogger Inverarity said...

Very nice piece; thanks for the heads-up. A more elegant writeup of the song than mine, certainly.

21 September, 2007 15:43  
Blogger R.E.M. Borja said...

I'm almost ready to declare it as my Song of the Year. The performance of it at the Hollywood Bowl was even more compelling.

24 September, 2007 09:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home