10 June, 2007

Jenny

Thanks for the bicycle naming suggestions (to most of you, anyway)! The name that stuck, though, was Jenny. It had to be.


A lovely person put this on a mix for me last year, one of those definitive song collections which seems invulnerable to the notions of musical sense and taste you pride yourself on, a humble mix that manages to brings you to your knees. Besides "Jenny" it had "Bridge Over Troubled Water" (two versions = twice the tears), some Cat Stevens, TVOTR (Young Liars!), and a song about sandwiches (= a song about love).

I had never given much thought to "Jenny" before that mix. But it became the centerpiece and that line, "we were the one thing in the galaxy God didn't have his eyes on," revealed its wild, tremendous glory. I feel lucky-- so, so lucky-- to feel like I know what it means.


I guess I should've mentioned, the name actually came from my favorite redhead.

1 Comments:

Blogger douglas martin said...

hi diddledee dee. goddamn. a pirate's life for me. have fun with the bike.

14 June, 2007 21:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home