12 May, 2007

The Click Wheel Five IV

Today's Click Wheel Five comes as a response to an unstoppable run of, like, twenty songs that a friend pulled off yesterday with her iPod on shuffle. I'm scared.


I don't have to defend any Cash song that comes up, and certainly not this one. Off to a good start.


I swear this one's come up before. Kill The Moonlight is my Spoon of choice, and I think "Stay Don't Go" kinda sums it up: a spare, swaggering pulse of a song.


It's hard to think of this (good) song in the context of purely a song, and not goofy hair or Grand Theft or stupid dance parties. Was anybody who references this song even alive when it was released?


Back on top with Favela Booty Beats, baby!


I love to hear an unknown band that plays songs like they should be classics. And, if life was fair, this would be a classic.

Dare I go for more?


I really don't like this. I guess that's why I only do five.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore that version Johnny Cash made of this song (better than the original in my humble opinion).
Thanks for posting it! you have made my day :-)

Yurena (Canary Islands)

12 May, 2007 15:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes.
back online.

-heather

13 May, 2007 16:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i made it on to the blog! (happiest day of my life)

-scf

13 May, 2007 20:52  
Blogger Emmanuel said...

Hurt by Johnny Cahs !
What a pleasure !
a tremendous song, pure and honest.

17 May, 2007 06:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was anybody who references this song even alive when it was released?

Eeep, I was... Guess I'll haul my old man ass and bif hair and get some prune juice.

17 May, 2007 19:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, "big" hair... my eyesight isn't what it used to be either...

17 May, 2007 19:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, there's a reason why that Hot Chip remix was never officially released. Now you know.

20 May, 2007 19:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

brian
i dont know what youre doing
but stop whatever it is
and blog please.

-heather

23 May, 2007 00:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, now you know!!! i can't believe you even have that Hot Chip remix

31 May, 2007 22:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home