07 September, 2007

Attacks

I used to put the behemoth Clavinova in the trunk and drive to my friend's garage room, unload and play made-up, looping lines for them to rap over. You know, like Themselves or Sole-- old and weird Anticon stuff. I tell you this because Prarie Cat's "Better Friends than Lovers" has a keyboard line uncannily like one I would play, my favorite one, which was loungy and goofy but undeniably cool. Cary Pratt (get it?) plays piano better than I do, and doesn't go the bizarro-rap route with it, but when I listen I can't help but recall crab scratching, no lights, the faint smell of paint.


The lovingly hand-painted Attacks! is shipping now at Catbird. Mine is green.

***

This song found its way into Shuffle Songs last night, and I let it put me to bed.

God's house is a house of rest, after double shifts

I don't know where it came from, or who the Sheds are, but it's fantastic.


Looks like you can download Dad Communication, in full, at the Sheds' website.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

the sheds are excellent, you should check out more of their music.

10 September, 2007 14:26  
Blogger Stu McPoo said...

It seems you can download 4 of their albums for nowt at their website:
http://www.theshedsmusic.com/downloads.php

Go for it I say.

28 October, 2007 07:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home