13 November, 2007

Bows + Arrows is Two

Thanks to everyone who has shared music, insight, time and excitement with me over the last couple years. It's slow going around here, I know, and it's because I still haven't found the perfect way to do this. There has been interesting discussion, especially recently, about the purpose of music blogging, or something to that effect. It's kinda disheartening, the current state of music blogs, though clearly I haven't done much to change that. Still, about 2.34 times/month inspiration strikes and I'm reminded that this can be an enjoyable endeavor.

To celebrate I'd like to share a song which I've been (halfheartedly, of course) searching for over the past couple years. It was my introduction to the Weakerthans and, in many ways, indie rock, an alternate take on the beautiful "Everything Must Go". Long after, when I picked up Left and Leaving, I would hear the song in a slightly different form and realize that it's missing something. The drums! In the perfect version, they start and end the song, cast a grey drizzle over the affair, hush Samson's words and guitar.


I hope this thrills at least one of you out there.

***

The brains and heart behind It's Hard To Find A Friend offers a wonderful holiday album, with some special tracks, for seven dollars. Though it's not the songs that should entice you when all-proceeds-go-to-charity! Check it out here.

9 Comments:

Blogger lofigeek said...

take action sampler? from subcity

this is the second time you've posted a song from that disc. algebra one! wooo!

13 November, 2007 19:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday B+A and Brian

-heather

13 November, 2007 20:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stick around long enough and i'll post the whole thing!

14 November, 2007 00:43  
Blogger lofigeek said...

haha also, happy birthday. i am glad you are still around

14 November, 2007 05:23  
Blogger Chris said...

Happy birthday to yooooooooooooooou!

14 November, 2007 14:38  
Blogger Distance Has The Way said...

cheers to this !

15 November, 2007 12:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm curious as to what you meant when you said "It's kinda disheartening, the current state of music blogs, though clearly I haven't done much to change that." Drop me an email, just a curious blogger-dude.

chris @ culturebully.com

23 November, 2007 08:29  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthles.

Must say I'm more a fan of the album version. But good find though.

Find/post "My Favorite Power Chords" and you will have made my life complete.

09 December, 2007 06:26  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOOZYFLY LAUNCHES WOOZY IDOL!
WOOZYFLY. COM will be hosting an unsigned band contest entitled WOOZY IDOL. If you are in a band or know someone who is. LET THEM KNOW.
The winning band will get a RECORDING, DISTRIBUTION, and PROMOTION contract!
Woozyfly. com

24 March, 2008 19:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home