25 February, 2006

My Girl


Os Mutantes - A Minha Menina [mp3]

Have you heard this one before? Maybe somewhere, it sounds familiar. I hear the ecstatic aftershock following something gone wonderfully, perfectly, unexpectedly right. The tune you hum walking away, a foot off the ground, eyes to the sky. In the song I hear them singing through a smile, too giddy to stand still in front of the microphone. And it's fun for us, imagining what these guys could be so excited about, remembering what we've felt this excited about.

A Band of Bees - A Minha Menina (cover) [mp3]

This was my first exposure to "A Menha Menina." I loved it, it made me think of jaunts down dirt roads on trips to the beach. It sounded like adventure!

Os Mutantes website / buy Os Mutantes

A Band of Bees website / buy Sunshine Hit Me

Check out Soul Jazz Records' Tropicália: A Brazilian Revolution in Sound

***

An Aquarium Drunkard has started a record label, Autumn Tone Records. Congratulations and all the best to Justin, how exciting! Autumn Tone's first release will be from Daniel Hutchins of Bloodkin.

The new Liars album is masterful, I'll write something about it once I've listened to it 50 more times.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home