22 February, 2006

Maybe, Sparrow, It's Too Late: Neko Case


Today went right. Capped, perfectly, with Walk the Line and a couple pints. The film was wonderful, captivating. Pretty intense for a feel-good story, and with better music. I listened, contented, to the beautiful country songs; I let them resonate and I missed home.

And now I'm home, listening to Neko Case. Her voice rings clear and full and authentic - a descriptor I'm wary of using. It's a voice aware of its strength, an absolute pleasure to listen to. It's what I thought of when I heard (Reese Witherspoon as) June Carter in the film, a stage-light smile and a voice very much her own. It's not all rehearsed timing and inflection, it's honest and capable and gorgeous. And this is why, quickly and unexpectedly, Ms. Case's The Fox Confessor Brings The Flood is becoming one of my most anticipated releases of the year.

From Fox Confessor Brings The Flood, out March 7th (info):

Neko Case - Maybe Sparrow

Neko Case - Star Witness

***

Hey! Did you hear Test Icicles broke up??

Now this isn't fair - I hardly even listened to them - but this news holds no gravity for me. They weren't around long enough to warrant these broken hearts, were they?

Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home