01 December, 2005

Holopaw


Florida's Holopaw released their sophomore album earlier this year called Quit +/or Fight on Sub Pop, which I eagerly picked up. I liked their debut album a lot, it was filled with lithe melodies and strange lyrics which combined to create a very fragile and pretty record. I never quite got through their latest, though - it's a bit heavy on atmosphere and not exactly accessible. I wouldn't call it a total disappointment, because I really haven't invested much time in it. I do love the songs I've posted, though.

From Quit +/or Fight:

Holopaw - Curious John Orth's voice is gorgeous.

Holopaw - Quit +/or Fight (Found version) This is an early version of the song which would appear on the album, taken from the fantastic Found magazine. Read about its creation here.

From Holopaw:

Holopaw - Cinders

Head to Holopaw's download page for some remixes!

Hopefully this will inspire me to give the album another go.

Posting will be a bit erratic for the next few days, all apologies, don't miss me, etc.

Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

for you
http://www.chattablogs.com/quintus/archives/019666.html

and xmas

01 December, 2005 19:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home