21 November, 2005

Rosie Thomas


This Thursday I'll be seeing Rosie Thomas, a Sub Pop signee I've just recently discovered. Before I knew her for collaborating with Sam Beam of Iron & Wine on "Red Rover," as well as live shows. Thomas sings beautiful and simple folk songs - particularly affecting is "Wedding Day," a liberated and unabashedly happy tune which makes me positively giddy. Like a girl.

Supporting Thomas will be Jade Tree's Ester Drang. I am skeptical, look for a post later in the week when I know more about them.

From If Songs Could Be Held:

Rosie Thomas - Pretty Dress

From Only With Laughter Can You Win:

Rosie Thomas - I Play Music

From When We Were Small:

Rosie Thomas - Wedding Day (recommended)

Rosie Thomas - 2 Dollar Shoes

Bonus video!

Rosie Thomas - Red Rover


Head to MySpace and you can be best friends forever, and remember, friends support each other.

Enjoy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

ester drang are great! "rocinate" has been playing around the house for 2 straight weeks.

22 November, 2005 14:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home