11 November, 2005

Radar Bros.


I still get the Hard To Find Showspace newsletter, even though I haven't lived in Goleta for the past 2+ years. Although it's mostly stuff I'm not interested in, Jade Tree bands and math-rock etc., every once in a while something good comes through. Years ago it was The Walkmen opening for Hot Hot Heat, before either had found the success they have today. Last year it was local rockers Please And Thank You. And this year it's the Radar Bros., who I'll miss. When I came across them before And The Surrounding Mountains came out, I was immediately drawn in by the spaciousness of their music, which is languid and crisp. It always seemed fitting that they were from L.A., because their songs conjure images of deserts and mountains in the sun. Whatever that means. PLUS THEY SKATEBOARD. Somebody go see them.

From their latest, The Fallen Leaf Pages:

Radar Bros. - Papillon

From And The Surrounding Mountains:

Radar Bros. - Sisters (my favorite)

From The Singing Hatchet:

Radar Bros. - Open Ocean Sailing
(my other favorite)

The last two are from their Epitonic page.

Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home