19 November, 2005

Grizzly Bear


According to this, I enjoy Grizzly Bear. The thing is, I don't know much about them, aside from the fact that they are Brooklynites and, being weird and folky, draw comparisons to Animal Collective. My first introduction to them was Final Fantasy's remix of "Don't Ask," which I absolutely love, and from then I've been collecting tracks as I find them. I've liked them all so far, both the normal tracks and the remixes from the deluxe-issue, which I went ahead and bought for the mere $11 asking price.

I can't quite say what the draw is to their music - much of it is lo-fi acoustic folk, which doesn't stand out on it's own. But there's something special here, check it out and see for yourself.


From The Horn of Plenty:

Grizzly Bear - Don't Ask (recommended)

Grizzly Bear - Fix It

Grizzly Bear - Deep Sea Diver


From The Horn of Plenty Remixes:

Grizzly Bear - Don't Ask (Final Fantasy Remix) (recommended)

From their website (unreleased?)

Grizzly Bear - Owner of a Lonely Heart

Grizzly Bear - Colorado

Make friends with them, hear more songs, and watch a video at their MySpace page.

Then, go buy for cheap!

Enjoy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

just linked ya

19 November, 2005 19:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home