12 November, 2005

Au Revoir Simone


While out for a walk today I stumbled across a skate shop, the first I've found in Edinburgh. Inside were free copies of local music zines, and to my delight the two I picked up are awesome. Featured in The Stool Pigeon was Devendra Banhart, The Silver Jews, and Arctic Monkeys, who've found raging success here in the UK.

Anyways, the point is I came across some interesting groups I hadn't heard of, one of them being Au Revoir Simone. These three girls make sweet songs which stand somewhere between Casiotone for the Painfully Alone's lo-fi lamentations and The Postal Service's lap-pop. They've got pretty voices too!


From Verses of Comfort, Assurance and Salvation:

Au Revoir Simone - Back In Time

Au Revoir Simone - Through The Backyards

Au Revoir Simone - Hurricanes

Check out the website to buy the album directly & cheaply.

Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home