22 November, 2005

Free

Thanks to Colin and An Aquarium Drunkard for tipping me off on eMusic's 50 free mp3 downloads. No strings attached! And believe me, there is a lot to choose from. It's great for the random rare songs that appear on compilations which are never quite worth buying. It's also great for albums you're interested in but haven't heard, and aren't willing to pay full price for. Which makes it great all the way around, no?

I got:

The Hold Steady - Almost Killed Me
Page France - Hello, Dear Wind
The Secret Machines - September 000 EP
My Morning Jacket - Does Xmas Fiasco Style

...and other random rarities


Here's a great song from Almost Killed Me. Like any other Hold Steady song, it's highly allusive and flat-out awesome. While you listen, check out this annotated guide to the track. Brilliant.

The Hold Steady - The Swish


I am excited to hear Page France's album. I haven't heard him before, but am very interested by what I've heard of him.

From Hello, Dear Wind:

Page France - Junkyard

Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did a nice job on your site. I'm getting ready to market mine file sharing program , I'm trying to zero in on subjects like file sharing program and like ideas. Nice job and thanks, ---Jack---

31 December, 2005 22:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home