05 January, 2007

New Brand New



The nice young (presumably) man from Badical Beats prompted me to check out his blog today, and I was reminded of my passion for Brand New. A couple of things about Brand New:

They are better than you think. Deja Entendu was an impressive album.

They just released The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me, and from a single track I've heard, I'd say it's promising.

That track, "Jesus Christ", is a step up in every way for the band. The lyrics, which toed a line between thoughtful and too-thoughtful on the last album, display a new forcefulness, complemented well by the icy, metronomic Modest Mouse music beneath them.


Visit Brand New and buy
The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brand Nizzle... Great record man. Thanks for the shout out!

Mikey

11 January, 2007 18:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like the Arcade Fire boy and girls have a new video "Black Wave, Bad Vibrations"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1LZ9z71ErWA

It's kinda cool. Artsy, I guess.

12 January, 2007 12:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good song )

16 January, 2007 00:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Brand New and Jesus Christ is by far the best song i've heard from them.

20 January, 2007 15:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice track.
May be interesting

23 July, 2007 12:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home