01 November, 2006

Broken Deer

It's November, obviously and finally, it's the First and it's cold. Nothing fits quite right lately, but this fits quite right.


The sound of continuous resolution, I can see my breath in this song. It washes everything away.


Listening to this reminds me, sharply, of how I need to be away every so often, outdoors and breathing. It's something that has become more and more necessary, which is in its way delightful and frightening, and too often disappointingly impossible.

Broken Deer is a Lindsay Dobbin, who enjoys Geology. I am a geologist-in-training, and would like to think that I can hear it, the slow shift and the momentousness of an outdoor scene, in these songs.

buy Broken Deer's Displaced Field Recordings here

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say brian, maybe I never noticed it before, but your writing has gotten quite good indeed. Thanks for the colour revolt recommendation.

05 November, 2006 18:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Christopher Durning. It Creeps is my song. It was written with my friend Matthew Higgins, and was originally called "The Necessity of Myth", which can be found at http://zed.cbc.ca/go?POS=3&CONTENT_ID=239447&c=contentPage&FILTER_KEY=9432 . I re-recorded a version only on electric guitar, and my friend Lindsay ("Broken Deer"), added some "spoken word" to it. You can find this version, the one she uses, on my zed.cbc.ca profile as well ( http://zed.cbc.ca/go?POS=7&CONTENT_ID=239437&c=contentPage&FILTER_KEY=9432 ). She used the song without permission and has decided not to credit me for it. She's recieved positive reviews for the album, which I think is lovely, but is rather upsetting that she has chosen not to step up and credit me and Matt for writing the entire song on such websites as the CBC site, Cokemachineglow, and Popmatters. I think you'll agree that this is unacceptable. I would be more than willing to allow her to use my performance of this song, should she just step forward and mention my name when all of these great sites are willing to give the song, along with the album, favourable exposure. I'm in the process of contacting anyone who believes this song is Lindsay's. Your blog was one of them. I'm glad you liked the song. I enjoy Lindsay's contribution to it, and hope that this will result in both of us sharing some good exposure.

17 August, 2007 00:31  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the lyrics for this. If you are looking for other awesome songs you have to check out this guy.woozyfly. com/chrismann. He is a great singer too!

24 March, 2008 18:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww i love you

27 May, 2008 23:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home