27 April, 2006

Wait, Think

It took me exactly one listen to fall in love with this song. It features an incessant, overdriven note and a drum machine named Matt Shane, which propel it to a thrilling speed early on and never look back. The vocals themselves are unhinged, but are confined by the sheer speed and relentlessness of the music, which works to the song's benefit. I suppose this is why it's so listenable despite being crazy - as fast as it may go, it's still under control. "Wait, just wait. Wait for me, please wait for me," they sing, but Matt Shane knows better.

Think About Life's self-titled debut comes out May 2nd on Alien8 Recordings. Visit Think About Life online.

3 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte Deaver said...

great description: unhinged but confined by... crazy but still under control. I get it; I dig it. thanks.

28 April, 2006 06:42  
Blogger Eric said...

This is excellent. I'm off to find out more now.

29 April, 2006 05:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this song is incredible. i am hooked. thanks.

01 May, 2006 05:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home