27 April, 2006

Walkmen News

I almost forgot! Those interested can download two new Walkmen songs from the upcoming album A Hundred Miles Off! Opening track "Louisiana," which has been featured on their MySpace page, has mariachi horns, which seems to have put some people off. Not me, however! Utter brilliance! Album closer "Another One Goes By" is the other available song, which I hear is fantastic. I'm gonna wait 'til the album drops May 23rd to hear the rest.


Someone from the Walkmen forum actually went to Mercata Studios (when it was still around) and got to listen to a couple tracks from their upcoming Harry Nilsson cover album, Pussycats:

[House engineer] Kevin played us "Many Rivers..." and "Mucho Mongo." I don't have enough superlatives to tell you how good the songs sounded, but we were basically reduced to tears by the end. "Rivers" in particular was just amazing. I thought it was the best vocal performance I'd heard yet from Hamilton, and apparently he was sick as a dog when they recorded the vocals for that song.

You wish you were there! Make sure to visit the Walkmen online.

1 Comments:

Blogger Traci said...

hey brian, thanks for stopping by Red Blondehead and leaving a comment. I'm usually a fan of horns, I just found them a little surprising on a Walkmen track. "Louisiana" is growing on me and I think it's great that the band is trying something new.

28 April, 2006 15:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home