18 September, 2006

Instructions

I'VE STARTED AND SCRAPPED multiple entries over the past few weeks, each more fumbling and graceless than the last. Their points, in summation: Buy Junior Boys' So This Is Goodbye, it's even better than everyone says. Listen to Sufjan's "Sister Winter" [mp3] and shake your head and shake your fist over and over and over as you realize this man's talent somehow keeps up with his ambition. If you have Facebook, sign up for that thing that gives you 25 free songs each week (and petition against opening it to the public while you're at it). Go read Gerard vs. Bear, this is important. If that's not for you, read this thing over at Marathonpacks.


And please, please believe Beaten Awake's new album will rock you right down to the core. I don't care if I've said that before. Here's a song that may or may not be on it, whatever:


A kind soul sent me their demo, and I think this song got rained on.


Listen to that voice. And buy me a tshirt.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Sufjan. "Sister Winter" kicks ass.

18 September, 2006 11:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope he plays Sister Winter at his Atlanta show.

18 September, 2006 12:10  
Blogger cindy hotpoint said...

Oh dear, Beaten Down sure are problematic for me. Relatedly, Brian, are you a Centro-matic fan?

21 September, 2006 10:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this blog- you all do such a good job w/r/t the writing and keeping it interesting.

23 September, 2006 07:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home