19 May, 2008

Taking The Farm

I realize that Music Go Music wasn't for everyone. You don't have to explain yourselves, but let me give you one more on the Secretly Canadian (/Jagjaguwar/Dead Oceans/oh my!) tip:


I realize there's an argument of pastiche vs. homage to be run through, but that would pretty obviously be a disservice to the musics. Instead I'd like to posit that while The War On Drugs quilt a more practical patchwork than MGM, that both absolutely own their designs is what gives them such immediate and lasting appeal.

Oh, and The War On Drugs' free EP gives them appeal, too:


The Rich Girls bring up a point of great concern-- where are the Summer Jamz?? You know?? And which is the worse sin: that there aren't any bona fide hits, or that I hadn't given the matter any thought until now?

You know what? Maybe my subconscious knew of the problem, and my buying a "Promiscuous" 12" last week was really more significant than I had thought. This is gonna send me headlong into something nasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home