02 June, 2008

The Best News You Never Thought You'd Hear This Year

I just got a press release for the new album by Dri, or Adrianne Verhoeven (ex-Anniversary). While I don't have much to say about her music, I mention this because the press sheet revealed something altogether more exciting:

The Anniversary are putting out a new album!

In June!!

Okay, so when they say new they mean old and unreleased, but nobody's complaining. The Anniversary used to be my favorite band, back when "favorite band" was a very serious honor. I tried to get a copy of everything related to the band, but there's no way I've heard every one of the 26 (!) songs set to appear on the album. Excuse me-- double disc (!).

Devil On Our Side Track Listing:
Disc 1

1. Fletcher Durbin
2. Alright For Now
3. Alone In Debtford
4. Those Eyes
5. Hold Me Tonight
6. Lowtide And Hospital Bed
7. The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter
8. I Haven't Slept
9. Diamonds And Daisies
10. Kids In Carolina
11. 100 Ships
12. Till We Earned A Holiday

Disc 2

1. Vasil & Bluey
2. To Never Die Young
3. What's My Name? My Name is...What?! What?!
4. I Believe That The End Of The Reign Of Terror Is Soon Near
5. O' Lady Butterfly
6. Che
7. Ain't That Bad
8. Kali
9. I Know What's Best
10. Lover
11. Let It Slip
12. Lodi
13. Strings Break
14. High School Talent Show

For those who don't know, the band has been broken up for something like five years, or as long as they were together. I guess the timing seemed right? Anyways, I copped the title of this one for a poem I wrote in high school that went on to win an award from the city:


C'mon, you'd do the same.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. Thanks for the news. I didn't think anyone else ever even cared about them.

06 June, 2008 13:48  
Blogger dan said...

This is absolutely incredible

06 June, 2008 19:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On a random urge to see if I could find out what happened to the Anniversary, I stumbled on your post, and was delighted to find "I believe the end..." clip you had posted. I think I once had the ep whence it came, but have long since lost it.
Thanks for making my day!

07 June, 2008 17:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home